Southern Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika (optional, for garnish)
- Cooking Potatoes and Eggs:
- In a large pot, place the cubed potatoes and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender but still firm. Drain and let them cool.
- In a separate pot, place the eggs and cover them with water. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. Cover the pot and let the eggs sit for 10-12 minutes. Drain and place the eggs in cold water to cool. Peel and chop the cooled eggs.
- Preparing Dressing:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Assembling Potato Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and cooled potatoes, chopped eggs, celery, red onion, chopped dill pickles, and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and gently toss until everything is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add more salt, pepper, or vinegar to your preference.
- Chilling and Serving:
- Cover the potato salad and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, garnish with a sprinkle of paprika if desired.
This recipe makes about 8 servings.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 6g
This Southern Potato Salad is a perfect side dish for picnics, barbecues, or any gathering. Its creamy texture and flavorful mix of ingredients make it a crowd-pleaser!