- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crackers or sliced veggies for serving
- Mixing the Base:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, drained crushed pineapple, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Use a spatula or a mixer to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Shaping the Cheeseball:
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap on your work surface.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the plastic wrap.
- Using the wrap to help shape it, form the mixture into a ball. Ensure it’s evenly shaped.
- Coating with Nuts:
- Spread the finely chopped pecans or walnuts on a plate.
- Roll the cheeseball in the nuts, coating the entire surface evenly.
- Wrap the cheeseball in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight) to allow it to firm up.
- Before serving, unwrap the cheeseball and transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve with crackers or sliced veggies of your choice.
Intensity and Time:
- Preparation Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Chilling Time: At least 1 hour
This recipe makes 1 cheeseball.
Nutritional Information (per serving, based on 1 serving with crackers):
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 5g
This Pineapple Cheeseball is a delightful appetizer that balances the sweetness of pineapple with the savory goodness of cheese. Enjoy spreading it on crackers or veggies for a tasty snack or party treat!