Cajun Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth for non-alcoholic option)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread (optional, for serving)
- Preparing Shrimp:
- Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels and season them with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant, being careful not to brown the garlic.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes (if using) to the skillet, stirring for another 30 seconds.
- Sautéing Shrimp:
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until they turn pink and opaque.
- Pour in the white wine (or chicken broth) and stir, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Allow the liquid to reduce by half, which should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Finishing Touches:
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle the lemon zest over the shrimp.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, or more Cajun seasoning if desired.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Cajun shrimp scampi immediately over cooked pasta or with crusty bread to soak up the flavorful sauce.
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
This recipe serves 4.
Nutritional Information (per serving, without pasta or bread):
- Calories: 230
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 210mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 24g
Enjoy this zesty Cajun shrimp scampi packed with flavor and served with your favorite accompaniment!