Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for classic Blueberry Muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: Additional sugar for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. If you’re using frozen blueberries, you can toss them in a bit of flour before adding them to the batter to help prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- If desired, sprinkle a small amount of granulated sugar on top of each muffin. This will give the muffins a slightly crunchy top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your homemade blueberry muffins as a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Feel free to modify this recipe according to your preferences. You can add a touch of lemon zest for extra flavor or substitute some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a nuttier taste and added fiber. Blueberry muffins are a versatile treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day.